Monday, September 15, 2008

LEAVING LAS VEGAS!

So before I get into products, I wanted to give you a quick overview of the trip. If you want to skip down to the new products, just scroll. Vegas was SO busy. I thought I was getting a break by going on this trip, but I was VERY wrong. On my first day at the tradeshow, we drove to the convention center (pictured below) only to find that there was nowhere to park. So Brandon dropped me off so I could make my meeting and then he drove back to the hotel. Let me say, renting a car in Vegas was a total waste! We quickly found that the monorail was our best option for transportation. The only problem was that the station was a 15-20 minute walk from our hotel. That in itself wasnt such a big deal. The issue was the SIZE of the tradeshow. We were told that if you walked the upstairs and downstairs consecutively, you would walk 7 miles.

So this was our day: Walk to the monorail station. Ride. Walk from the monorail station to the convention center. Walk the convention center. Walk to monorail station. Ride. Walk from monorail station back to hotel. Rest for 1 hour. Walk to monorail station. Ride. Walk to meeting/social gathering. Walk back to monorail station. Ride. Walk from monorail station to hotel. Sleep. Start over.

Next year, we are taking a pedometer. I carried an extra pair of shoes in my backpack and rotated. I was wearing Birkenstocks and Crocks, and my feet ACHED! It was insane.

Another interesting thing about Vegas is the crazy over-pricing! We paid $26 for 2 footlong subs & 1 soft drink at Subway. They are 2 for $10 at home. A 20 oz. soft drink was $3. It was just nuts!


Our hotel the Monte Carlo was beautiful outside and the lobby was very grand looking.



The funny thing is that the hotel room was not nearly as nice as a Hampton Inn! And the bed was uncomfortable and small. Vegas is definitely big on appearance and low on substance. Not that I expected anything different, but when you see it face to face, there is still an element of surprise.

Now: New Products Coming Soon!!


Dr. Bloom's Chewable Jewels




Created by a dentist for teething babies & toddlers!
* BPA, PVC, Phthalate Free
* Latex and Lead Free
* Dishwasher Safe



Maples Landmark Toys Made in Vermont

This is just a sampling. I LOVE these toys!








UNDER THE NILE Organic Toys Made in Egypt
Broccoli, Corn, Fruit Basket...other fruits and veggies will be stocked too!


Organic Cotton Teethers


Glass Baby Bottles, Silicone Sleeves & BPA-free Pacis from Nurture Pure





Bumgenius 3.0 now in new colors! These diapers are on order, and should be here in 4-6 weeks. Feel free to email me with questions I will update when they are in-stock!



Bumgenius has also partnered with Baby Legs to create some very cute Baby Legs that match the original Bumgenius colors! we hope to have those in stock in 4-6 weeks as well! No photos available yet.

From EcoBaby 'Organically Growing' Organic long-sleeved T-shirts in Peas & Banana


Also available by special order:Natural Rubber & Organic Cotton/Wool crib matresses. These matresses are also available for bassinetts, and pack in plays. They can even make one to fit a handmade crib or cradle just for you!




This is not a complete listing of our new products, but I think it shows you a good sampling. Please stop by the store or online in coming weeks as these products begin to arrive. Thank you for your business!


-Sunny :)










1 comment:

NewYorkerAtHeart said...

Yeah! I can't wait to see the matching BabyLegs! THe toys look super cool too. E-mail me when the new BumGenius colors are in. We want some!